Psychologist Maslow alleged that only 1% of the population reach self-fulfillment. Why do the majority fail along the road?
Needs can be classified into five hierarchical stages. Once the first four levels are met, we can focus on self-actualisation. Our mind can not be deceived with excessive lower level satifaction.
- Biological needs – air, food, drink, shelter, warmth, sex, sleep.
- Safety needs – security, law, stability.
- Belongingness needs – friendship, trust, acceptance, receiving and giving love, affiliating.
- Esteem needs – achievement, independence, status, self-respect, respect from others.
- Self-Actualization needs – realizing personal potential. It requires honesty, independence, awareness, objectivity and creativity.
Why are our states of mind always faltering? This progress is often broken by failures to meet lower necessities. Private and professional life events can make us swing between the stages. Different levels can appear any time and complex needs can require actions at more levels at a time.
View original post 219 more words